The aftermath


I know it has been nearly two weeks, but it has taken me this long to get over the London Run.

Plus life happens.

So to catch up, I have been running pretty much every day, some days I have had flying feet where I have felt incredible and feel I can run forever, and other days have been a real struggle.


I try and cheer myself up on the hard runs and mouth the words to the songs that are playing on my running playlist, it gets me through, but it also gets me funny looks from strangers.


Running at people while mouthing, ‘It’s my life!’ with heartfelt passion must be scary. Sorry if you have had to witness that.


In have successfully completed another race though. A 12.9k on Thorney Island! I never bothered to run further than 11k while training because I thought I would wing it.



Thankfully it was like a mud run and lots of it had to be walked, else I am not sure I would have survived.

I got a decent medal at the end and some free goodies so that was a good point.



A bad point was when I had to be kept up right by a dog runner as they passed me slipping and sliding all over the place.


I pay money to punish myself like this!


The next race is my half marathon which is creeping up quicker than I would like, I have stuck a training plan on my bedroom wall and that is as far as I have got with it.


I know! I will start else I will be in a whole world of hell when the day comes and I haven’t done enough training.


My good deeds have been #2minutebeachcleans, I picked up some glass from around a bus shelter, oh on the train home from London a lady put some tissues on the seat next to me with a note saying she has a hungry child and no job so I gave her £1.00. She tried to take the tissues back but I was like, ‘no miss, I just paid you for those!’ The cheek!


Also I left £1.00 in my Tesco Trolley for someone to find, and I also shared and spread awareness for a page where runners can donate medals they no longer want.


Well it was good to catch up, I have a hot yoga class now and I am terrified, something is going to go wrong at yoga, I hope I don’t fall over, faint- or worse.

Why do I do these thing to myself?!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 reasons to get outside and run right now

Mile by mile: Half marathon thoughts...

Homefield Park run review