Have I mentioned...?

2020, well, what the heck was that? 

I'll tell you what THAT was, it was the year... THAT I RAN A MARATHON!!!!!

It has taken me nearly a month to write a blog, possibly because I am still exhausted and also because I can't quite actually believe that I did it. 

But I've got the medal, which I have worn a lot and slept next to a lot. No, it's not weird. All runners do it.


Well, ok it is not strictly true because I asked in my running groups and out of hundreds of people, only one other said she also wore her medals after the race. 

Whatever, I paid a lot of money for them, so I will wear them whenever I like. 

So 2021, what are we going to do with you? 

An ultra is an aim if races get going again, (#poet), and I am hoping to pass my course next week to become a run coach and start my own running group '1k and a good deed a day'.

Also open air swimming, I have only dipped my feet in so far...

And it was ruddy freezing!!! But also weirdly exhilarating. Who knows, a triathlon might be on the cards?! 

I'm going to try anything and everything in 2021 and grab every opportunity because who knows what the heck will happen this year. 

Oh and the good deeds are continuing, today I picked up some litter and signed a petition to stop trawlers on our coastline. 

2021 bring it on. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 reasons to get outside and run right now

Mile by mile: Half marathon thoughts...

Homefield Park run review