Strange times


I went for my first run in 2 weeks today, with everything going on in the world with Coronavirus I haven't really done much apart from stay glued to the TV or the news on my phone. 


My work has temporarily closed so I’m off barmaid duties apart from when I’m at home and serving myself alcohol- which is quite frequent. 


I’m not the only one looking at the clock every day thinking what time is appropriate to have your first drink of the day, am I? 

I should be careful though, it does seem to be getting earlier every day.


So I ran, I realised I needed an angry run. This year has been Sh*t personally and although things are looking up, there is still a lot of unresolved things I need to work through- or run through. 


We have been told in these times we can go out, and for my mental health I really needed to just get out there today. I put on a spotify playlist of angry rock songs (ok I won’t lie, I played Katy Perry’s Part of me first but she didn’t hit the spot, she’s too nice), and I ran. 


My lungs felt like they were going to explode, my legs were heavy, but when I had run for 20 minutes I felt a million times better. 


I know there probably will come a time soon where we are on a total lockdown but today I kept my distance, ran in the road when there were people on the pavement and was respectful to everyone I passed. 


These are strange times and we are all dealing with a lot of different emotions, but if you have something that makes you feel better then you should hold onto it. 


I‘m grabbing running with both hands, and if I have to complete my half marathon next month by running 4,000 laps around the dining room table, then I will. 


I will get my bloody medal.


I spotted this while I was out too:






We all need to be taking care of ourselves and each other as best as we can not just at the moment but always.


So 1k and a good deed a day was temporarily paused, but we need good deeds now more than ever, so it's back... and so am I. 









Ps Strava is still messing up and is annoying me now, how am I ever going to get a decent 5k time now?! Though, I could start entering myself for competitions with a time like that! Bloody thing!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 reasons to get outside and run right now

Mile by mile: Half marathon thoughts...

Homefield Park run review