Bring it back


I don’t really know where the past few months have gone considering we have been on pause due to Covid-19. A pandemic so unimaginable it still feels like we are in some sort of weird dream.


I stopped blogging because it just didn’t feel appropriate, picking up bits of plastic off the beach and popping pennies into a charity box was just a bit pathetic with all that was going on.


I still carried on doing my bit though, volunteering to get medicine and food for people, which kept 1k and a good deed alive.


 I have also carried on running and thankfully haven’t let my new hobby of drinking wine/gin/cider/rum almost every night affect me too much. Though I have done a few hungover runs much to my stomachs dismay.


I did a 5k garden run on my birthday, which was literally running in my back garden looping around and around and around and took 4 days.


Well, it was 40ish minutes but it felt a hell of lot longer.  


And my biggest achievement during lockdown...I completed a half marathon!


I know right! Thank you!


Yes I was probably/very likely drunk.


 I did it by running more continuous loops around a cycle track, the shape of the track looks a bit phallic on Strava, and amuses me every time I look at it. I am very proud of it.


Us Strava users like making weird and interesting shapes on our runs, we are very easily amused by something shaped like a penis and also equally something shaped like a dog. They both work. I like looking at them both.


Anyway, it is time for a resurrection (stop it), 1K and a good deed a day is back as of today. It is important to keep doing a little bit of good each day now more than ever.


So I hope you are well, staying safe and enjoying the little things in life. I will do my best to keep you amused on this blog, which is quite easy as I regularly have mishaps, as in they actually happen each day.


Fingers crossed they are not as bad a one I saw the other day, someone on a running page posted about the going for a run, she tripped over a tree root and needed stitches. The picture was vomit inducing, the skin literally had rolled down like a lanky sock. Hopefully that won’t happen to me, but perhaps I shouldn’t have said that.


Oh well, let’s just see what happens shall we?!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 reasons to get outside and run right now

Mile by mile: Half marathon thoughts...

Homefield Park run review