5k a day in August for Guild Care

Day 1 

It’s not often that I get up and out of the house at 7am, I’m not much of an early bird, but I wanted to start this challenge as I mean to go on, so I crawled out of bed and tried not to think it would be a better idea to do it later. 

Turns out there was not one bit of regret in my body when I got to the beach, it felt amazing to be out running with hardly anyone else around. It was also a bonus not many people were about because I had on my shorts. They really live up to their name. I apologise if you did witness them. 

By just after half 7 I was done and felt smug all day. 


Day 2

The smile was wiped off my face this morning thanks to a couple of gins last night (ok, and a couple of wines), I eventually got out after 5pm after wallowing all day, but surprisingly I felt like I was flying for most of my run.

I wasn’t particularly fast, but it is amazing what a bit of air in your lungs can do to make you feel a million times better. 
Plus, the thought of a takeaway Chinese which was going to arrive shortly after I got back probably helped a bit too. 

Yum, yum another 5k done. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 reasons to get outside and run right now

Mile by mile: Half marathon thoughts...

Homefield Park run review