A wee!

Was what came between me and a sub 2h half marathon... 

Pissed off doesn't even cover it! 

Plus, to make matters worse, whoever had been in before me had left a present. Yep. 

So, I spent precious seconds trying to flush it away so the next person in the queue wouldn't think it was mine. 

I was only on the first lap, but obviously hydrated a little too much before my half marathon. 

Well, that, or the wine from last night was trying to make a quick exit. 

Dispite that, Strava gave me this brilliant time: 

My official result from @Runthroughuk was 2h.05m.05s

Obviously prefer the Strava time, but I need to knock about 6 minutes off my time to comfortably get under 2h. 

Ha, better get my little legs moving a lot quicker! 

I put some sweets in my running bra to keep me going, not realising how hard it is to eat and run.

I chocked on my own spit and remnants of sweet a couple of times, but convinced myself the sugar was helping me, so it was worth it. 

There was an ambulance on hand which was a relief to know should I have needed it. 

All in all though the Bedford Autodrome half was a resounding success, and I will be back! 


Bring on next month's half in Kent, can I get under 2h? I've got s few weeks to train so I will try my hardest. 

I will also cross my legs on the day. Some people wee on their runs so they don't have to stop and find a toilet, so there is that option...

No, of course I won't actually do that, and if I did I wouldn't tell a soul. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 reasons to get outside and run right now

Mile by mile: Half marathon thoughts...

Homefield Park run review