The M word

So, after thinking... I never want to run a marathon! Why would anyone want to run a marathon? No one needs to run a marathon really, do they It is just showing off?! 

Guess what?! I'm going to run a ruddy marathon! 

The half marathon I was going to do in December has accidently changed to a full. I blame a moment of insanity. 

After my last half I thought, well that was pretty easy, I didn't even break a sweat! I can do this marathon malarkey. 

But I didn't break a sweat because it was hammering with rain and it was more of a race to get out of my wet clothes than anything else. 

That being said, some weird part of my brain decided that I can do the half marathon distance twice...I HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN DRINKING! 

So, thanks to that brilliant decision, for the next 8 weeks you will find me pounding the pavements looking like a deer caught in the headlights, with the constant thought of what the hell did I sign up to a marathon for?! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 reasons to get outside and run right now

Mile by mile: Half marathon thoughts...

Homefield Park run review