Mile by mile: Half marathon thoughts...

Mile 1: I’m here, I’m ready, I feel great. Going to smash this in no time! Probably should have trained harder than doing a few 5k’s but I’m sure it will be fine. It is 5k 4 times, plus a little bit - easy.

Mile 2: To make sure I get to the end I will try and keep up with someone with a similar pace, I will try to not be too obvious.

Mile 3: Someone must have moved the mile 3 marker. The distance from 2-3 miles was much too far, the runner I was copying seems to have disappeared. I will look for a new mark.

Mile 4: Over 5k done, quarter of the way there if my maths is correct. Get in! I’m flying through this.

Mile 5: So 5 miles is halfway to 10 miles, when I get to 10 miles the end will be in sight. I’m feeling amazing.  I’m going to book a marathon as soon as I have finished!

Mile 6: Nearly halfway, I have a new runner I am following, think I am annoying him as he keeps looking back at me and my noisy hydration vest.

Mile 7: It is very hard to drink and run. Choked and spluttered a bit, the guy in front defiantly knows I’m trying to copy his pace. My heavy breathing a few steps behind combined with the water slopping around in my vest is a giveaway.

Mile 8: Still feeling good, sod the marathon, I’m booking an ultra marathon!

Mile 9: Really craving the jelly babies in the back part of my vest but I can’t stop. If I stop I might not start again. My legs are in a rhythm. Must keep going!

Mile 10: YES, the end is near. 5k to go which should take about half an hour, oh no! Another half an hour?!

Mile 11: These races should be in KM, the countdown would be a lot quicker.

Mile 12: Someone has been moving those markers again.  I can’t feel my left leg. I think I left it at mile 10.

Mile 13: I AM SUPERWOMAN, I AM AMAZING, I AM...SO DONE!

Mile 13.1: I did it!!! I have something shiny to prove it and I am going to tell EVERYONE. I might put that Ultra marathon on hold for a while though...but I am a half marathoner, and that is pretty epic!





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Homefield Park run review

5 reasons to get outside and run right now